Masonry Chimney Gas Flue Liner Installation
../Installation Guides/Masonry Chimney Gas Flue Liner Installation
THIS FLUE KIT HAS BEEN MANUFACTURED IN ACCORDANCE WITH NZS 5261:1996. TO ENSURE SAFETY THIS FLUE KIT MUST BE INSTALLED AS OUTLINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS. THE APPLIANCE TO WHICH IT IS CONNECTED MUST BE INSTALLED WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S SPECIFICATIONS AND NZS 601:1998
FLEXI-FLUE LINER IS MANUFACTURED IN TYPE 3003 ALUMINIUM ALLOY 2 PLY .26mm THICK TO COMPLY WITH NZS 5261:1996 AND AGA 601:1998
- Ensure the chimney is clean and free of soot. Check the chimney for structural soundness.
- Check height of chimney to ensure FLEXI-FLUE PIPE LINER length is sufficient for installation.
- Stretch FLEXI-FLUE PIPE LINER to extend length of 3.6 metres. If extra length is required in the FLUE PIPE LINER 125mm Stainless Steel pipe can be added (crimped end into the FLEXI-FLUE PIPE) or using a FLEXI-FLUE PIPE CONNECTOR and additional FLEXI-FLUE PIPE added.
- Secure UPPER FLEXI-FLUE PIPE ADAPTER to FLEXI-FLUE PIPE (crimped end into the FLEXI-FLUE PIPE) using the HOSE CLAMP provided. HOSE CLAMP can be riveted to UPPER FLEXI-FLUE PIPE ADAPTOR if required.
- Push FLEXI-FLUE PIPE fully into LOWER FLEXI-FLUE PIPE ADAPTER and twist anti-clockwise so the press tangs on the ADAPTOR grip and secure the FLUE PIPE.
- Insert UPPER FLEXI-FLUE PIPE ADAPTER into CHIMNEY FLASHING PLATE and ensure top is flush secure with rivets or screws.
- Lower FLEXI-FLUE LINER into chimney.
- Secure CHIMNEY FLASING PLATE to chimney with suitable fasteners and weather seal to the chimney top with mortar and/or silicon.
- Fit GAS COWL into FLUE PIPE
- Follow appliance manufacturer’s instructions for fitting and securing of LOWER FLEXI-FLUE PIPE ADAPTOR into appliance Flue Stub.
N.B IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER TO ENSURE THAT THE INSTALLATION OF THIS FLUE KIT COMPLIES WITH THE APPLIANCE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS FOR FLUES AND THAT RELEVENT LOCAL BODY REQUIREMENTS ARE ADHERED TO.